Sunday, February 5, 2012

Changing my taillights.

     It's SuperBowl Sunday and I find myself at 3:30PM about to change my taillight covers due to heat damage from somewhat close proximity to a fire.  I'm not sure if I even want to watch the game tonight.  I don't know, it just really doesn't interest me today.  I'm also not sure if I want to partake in any SuperBowl activities or parties.  I'm not really feeling it.  What I am feeling is spending the evening with music.  

     I've been feeling strange the past couple of days.  I'm not sure what it is.  I'm trying to figure out what's up with that.  Last night my awesome band OneSecond performed at UD for the Thursday Night Live CD Release Party.  We had a blast, and received a great response!  We played pretty well, too!  I couldn't help but enjoy myself!  I know music is where my passion and heart lies.  My one true love.  My freedom.  My expression, but more importantly as I'm learning this past week: my acceptance.  Music has accepted me always.  It's great.  I love it!  I feel I can really be myself and let it all out.  If this can be a career for me, and support my lifestyle, I would be the luckiest man alive.

     Lately things are off, though.  I'm realizing that Chicago is going to have to be a long term goal.  I need to establish some work experience with a Marketing job first.  I'm thinking I might move to Cleveland, and be near my girlfriend.  I'm not sure yet.  I'm about 80% certain that's what I'll do though.  I just want to make sure that the move isn't going to be for nothing.  I'm not positive about my direction in my personal life, either.  Things FEEL weird.  Different.  So, I'm just diving into my music hoping that, as always, it gives me an idea.  It usually does that.  I've got so much potential and so much to give, and I'm just hoping that one day all that I have to give will pay off for someone.  That someone will benefit from it.  That I can improve someone else's life.  I've felt that a bit with some of my music.  I've been told that my lyrics have been an inspiration, or that a song I've written really helped someone or moved someone because of their current situation.  Being told this, makes me feel accomplished that my love can change someone.

     So, as I'm about to venture out and change these taillight covers, I am moving with one question on my mind: What's my next move?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment