Monday, January 30, 2012

Getting back on track.

It sure has been a while since I've been on here.  I know I've been absent with a lot of things going on.  But now it's good to be back on track!  


Things have been really cool lately.  My life is starting to gain focus, meaning, and inspiration.  I know what I need to do, and I'm set to do it.  


For those of you who aren't aware, and I don't think anyone, except for a special lil' lady I know, has heard this yet, but, I'm in my studio recording a solo album.  It's all recorded, mixed and mastered by me.  I'm pretty excited!  I'm giving this album the title, "Latest Thoughts."  I am aiming to have 11 songs total on this album.  As I stated earlier, I'm SO stoked!


With this happening, I've felt useful again.  It's crazy!  I feel in my element again.  It's seriously been since high school for me since I've recorded, mixed and mastered my own album.  And for once, I'm taking a ton of time working on each song until it's the best sound I can get out of the equipment and hardware I have.  But aside from the love I have for my band, OneSecond, and our shows and recording in the studio, I'm so happy to be doing my solo work in conjunction. 


BUT- allow me to expand upon this new album.  There's some cool things happening with it besides the fact that I'm taking the time to make it a quality product.  What's new about this album is it's an eclectic mix of different sounding songs that I'm writing recently.  Some are electronic-driven instrumentals, some are straight Blues/Pop/Rock, and others are Acoustic songs.  It's nice.  I am actually in the middle of recording a song that reminds me of the Foo Fighters... yea... not necessarily my main influence... but it just came out that way.  But, I can guarantee that it will not be a waste of your time to take a listen once I release this bad boy!


I have, though, been very exhausted.  Working on this album the past week and a half, I have three songs of the 11 done, to what I think are my best mixing and mastering.  BUT- guaranteed I will revisit these songs and work on them again!  Anyway, with staying up until 4 or 5AM, I sometimes work the next day in the afternoon... but I'm not waking up until maybe two hours before that shift would begin.  It's been bad.  So my most recent battle- a better sleep schedule.  


It's funny, because I noticed when I'm with my girlfriend, I am naturally on a better sleep schedule, because we tend to sync without even realizing it.  It's rather awesome... but now with us apart, it's me back to my old sleep schedule, cause I'm working on a ton of new stuff!  


Keep your eyes and ears open for the new album.  I will be announcing it on my Facebook page and on here.  When it's released, you will know, (if you check).  


Hope you all are doing great, and I really appreciate you reading my blog as well as keeping up my developments!  I am so grateful for all of you, and your support!


May God bless your lives, and I will be posting soon!  Enjoy your week :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment