Friday, February 10, 2012

What does it take?!

I'm sitting in the kitchen of my girlfriend's parents' house as I type this post.  I've been doing some thinking lately, and I just can't wrap my head around one thing... how do I or my band and I get a following?  Sure, the concept is easy... but the implementation has been feeling impossible these days.

We are good.  We have catchy music.  I write hooks that will haunt you for days.  I love what I do.  They love what they do.  (By they, I mean my band, by the way, hahaha).  But finding that group of people who will stay devoted to you, and come to your shows, and buy your music, yea... that's no walk in the park.  I've been doing this music thing since high school.  That's 6 years now.  It was hard then, and still stays just as hard.

I don't understand.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  But I can't make an honest living without a following.  I need fans.  I want this to work.  What do I do?

SO- in this very short post, you have now read the one thing that has always pissed me off about the industry... some of the, no offense, most terrible musicians will sometimes have the largest following.  When other really good musicians are struggling to have a following.  

Where do I begin? 

No comments:

Post a Comment