Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Working Till You Drop

So, as some may know, I work as an electronics/wireless/photo associate at a well-known corporation in order to make ends meet.  In this job, I meet SEVERAL TYPES of people... some of which are waaaay out there.

I met a man today who made me crack up.  He was telling bout his ENTIRE life.  He has owned several companies, one of which made $28 Million the second year it was in business.

This was all fine and dandy, but then he went into telling me about how he did all types of drugs and was just a party man.  He's traveled all across the world, and done any and every thing one could fathom.  His life came to an abrupt halt when he was slammed into on the road by a man going 60MPH.  I felt terrible for this guy, he is in poor physical condition, but sure as hell he had the most positive attitude I've ever experienced.  As weird as he was, and such, he left me with this feeling that I can do anything I want in life, and that I will be okay in my journey through my career as a singer/songwriter.  He told me he thought I had the right attitude and mindset to make it with whatever I want to do in life... this was uplifting.  This was epic... I was so thankful.

Like I said, this guy is definitely out there... like, OUT THERE... but I now feel I am going to be fine and that I'm on the right track with my career goals... as hard and annoying as it is having to work another job to make ends meet.

Several times I've thought about giving up, because I'm very fed up with this part-time retail job... I can't stand it.  But it seems that every time I get those feelings, someone will enter my life and tell me to keep doing what I'm doing, and that I'll get where I want, and not to give up.  It's weird, but I now believe even more than ever in God and his use of people as angels... this is my calling, to be a singer/songwriter, but the fact that at my most trying times, someone steps in to tell me to keep going, and I'll get there soon enough, tells me that I am okay, and God's got my back.  How cool of a feeling is that?!

Anyway, I don't mean to get evangelical on you guys, that's not my main point... I just wanted to express how awkwardly shocking it is that I'm constantly supported and pushed to not give up when times are so wearing and I'm treading to keep afloat.

Life is grand, life is beautiful, life is what you make it... it's all about attitude and where you are...

I can taste my success even though it's not here quite yet... I'm closer than I've ever been though, with the three projects I devote my time to... and I'm stoked about where I'm at in life.

Whatever it is you want in your life... GET IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment