Saturday, September 28, 2013

4:33am Central Time.

I find myself restless at 4:33am on this lovely Saturday morning. I have yet to sleep a wink, however, I'm awake... and not just that awake where you feel tired but can't sleep. I'm widely aware and in deep thought. I'm : a w a k e. 

It's not necessarily a bad thing. It's not necessarily a good thing. 

It just IS.

So I'm really making strides in my music career. It's actually taking this gorgeous form and moving the way I've dreamt it from the innocent, wide-eyed age of 8 years. So far in my twenty-six years of exploring human emotion I've truly tapped into some amazing experiences. For instance, as ignorant as I was, I never knew that not everybody has a life-long passion and truly knows what they want in life. It's hard for me to understand because I'm so in love with music, (songwriting, playing guitar, singing, recording, performing, etc...), and thought everyone had their thing. There is this really hip power that comes with a phrase like, "I'm just doing my thing." It's crazy. I realize now how truly blessed and lucky I am to have my thing to keep me focused and driven in life.

My career choice is literally one of the two greatest loves of my life. Do you think I'd maintain this extremely financially, emotionally, and physically exhausting lifestyle just for "shits and giggles?!" It's no walk in the park. I'm really striving right now. But damn if I don't finish a show, finish writing a song, or walk out of the studio with a huge smile on my face. This is definitely my calling, but not because I'm good at it, but because I LOVE IT. It's my strength, because it leaves me feeling EMPOWERED. I can also honestly say, when I'm on stage, it's a spiritual experience for me. And to be able to do this career... I mean... come on... this is HUGE. I thank God every day that I wake up. 

Okay, I'm done with my rambling, haha. I guess I'll try to fall asleep now. Thanks to all of my family, friends, and fans who are reading this. Your support is SO AMAZING. 

Sleep tight, y'all, and I will report back to you soon! God bless, and goodnight.      
     

No comments:

Post a Comment